Connect with me on...

Friday 4 May 2007

Radisson hotel, how do I love thee..?


Let me count the ways... groovy modernist room, yep. Pretty good room service, yep. Free wireless internet in your room, hell yes.

But wait. I have to give them my credit card and they'll reserve £50 out of my account per day of my stay, to cover potential expenses. Huh? No. You have my address, and name, and phone number, and the details of the people I'm working for who have booked the hotel, so if I run up any charges then I'll pay for them when I check out. Since when did hotels start assuming you're going to try to run out without paying and charge you for things that you might use? Only noticed this the last couple of years. Hate it. The assumption of dishonesty. When you go shopping, you don't get charged for walking into a shop just in case you choose to buy something, only to be refunded if you don't - because it would be ridiculous and slightly offensive to the customer...

Just saying, is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, wher is the pic..I want to see this uber modern palace

YWx

Mat Ricardo said...

Fixed the picture!