Connect with me on...

Friday 22 July 2011

There's no people like...


Thanks to the ever-supportive Liz Arratoon for the nice little interview in The Stage this week (Click the image for the big version). Makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about.

We did the interview on the phone, and at one point I said something to the effect of "Spandex covered Cirque Du Soleil style wank" and Liz gently said "I am writing down what you say, Mat". She ended up not including that particular quote, so there's still a chance of me realising a childhood dream and being one of a thousand identically dressed shift workers on bungees... I joke, for the lols, as is my way.

Just over a week to go until I jump into the flyer-pocalypse that is the Edinburgh fringe and I'm still scare-cited, but looking forward to getting started, spending time with my cabaret fraternity, and encountering the inevitable emotional roller-coaster that it'll be.

Right now pretty much everything is focussed on a few days in my diary in mid-September that is currently marked "Do something nice somewhere with Lesley"

Also - anyone know what happened to The Fabulous Salami Brothers? I owe them a hug. And the bill for some therapy.

Tickets for "Mat Ricardo: Three Balls and a New Suit" at the Voodoo rooms, Edinburgh festival are now available here.

No comments: