Connect with me on...

Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Big Reveal

Well, I've been keeping this under my hat for long enough, so it's time to make it official..

Mat Ricardo's London Varieties will bring the finest performers from the last few decades of cabaret, comedy, variety and light entertainment to the Bethnal Green Workingmen's Club, for a series of unique and very special one off shows. This is not just another cabaret night.

Every bill will be made up of the cream of the current comedy and cabaret world, and each month we'll have a very special headliner. Maybe someone from the dangerous early days of alternative comedy, maybe someone from the glory days of variety, maybe someone you and your family sat down to watch on TV when you were a kid..

Line-ups will be revealed a little closer to the first night, but we have some stunning names confirmed. I'm stupidly excited.

But there's more. The first half will be an astonishing variety line-up, the second half will see the headline act take to the stage and do their thing. Then the headliner will sit down with me to be interviewed about their life and career, live on stage. We'll take questions from twitter, and of course from the audience.

And we're going to record the whole thing and release it as a podcast for iTunes!

There's going to be a bunch of extra stuff, special guests and surprises on top of all of that, but hopefully by now you get the gist. To be among the first to hear who's going to be on the first night bill, be sure to follow me on Twitter, and friend me on Facebook.

I'm very proud to be working with the British Comedy Guide, and SoundsWilde on this exciting project.

This has been a bit of a dream idea for me for a couple of years now, and I'm so glad it's finally going to happen. The up and coming generation of variety and comedy on the same bill with some of the stars who influenced them. Like I said, this is not just another cabaret night!

No comments: